Saturday 9 February 2013

Today's Poem : Pimp My Slide


I'm running out of bright ideas
I need an expert view
My fair lacks sparkle and pizzazz
I don't know what to do
To tempt the jaded teenagers
To come and try a ride
So please, I'm begging of you
Won't you come and
Pimp my Slide?

Can you make it wild and wacky
Could you make it fast and loud?
With lots of mirrors, lights and bells
To do my funfair proud?
And if it's not too much for you
It might add to the thrills
If a moat of snapping crocodiles
Could give the punters chills..

Maybe a daring loop-the-loop
could reach up to the stars...
And offer stunning close-up views
Of Jupiter and Mars?
And whilst we're on the subject
It would help to fill my pockets
To have a fireworks display
That features REAL rockets..

I need some brilliant new ideas
To coax the folks inside..
So I'm pleading with you earnestly -
Please come and Pimp my Slide! 


No comments:

Post a Comment